I’m still buzzing from the excitement of creating an impromptu and delicious paleo diet soup yesterday from some leftover fridge ingredients, so I thought I’d share that with you along with a couple of other great paleo recipes from around the web. Yep, it’s recipe round-up time!
Brian’s Impromptu Thai Vegetable Soup
I wish I’d taken a photo of this to share, but – truth be told – I didn’t have time before the entire batch was polished off! Not to toot my own horn, but – it was delicious. Photo next time,
Ingredients (serves 4):
- Half a tablespoon each of coconut oil and clarified butter for cooking (or 1 tablespoon of oil)
- 1 large mild onion, roughly chopped
- 1 x 2-inch piece lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- Half a teaspoon ground coriander
- Pinch of crushed dried chillies (or use fresh, to your taste)
- 1 quart of bone broth – chicken, beef, or lamb (I used lamb)
- 1 large red bell pepper, peeled and chopped
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, peeled and chopped
- 1 large zucchini (or two small), diced
- Half a teaspoon of garam masala
- 2 blocks of creamed coconut
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of thai fish sauce
- In a large soup pot, saute the onion and lemongrass in the coconut oil and butter for about 2 mins, until beginning to soften. Add the carrots and saute for another minute. Add the garlic, chillies and ground coriander and saute for one minute more.
- Add the stock to the pan, and bring to a simmer. Add all the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for around 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve hot with chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves on top.
- This would make a great starter or snack soup, but to make the soup more of a meal, add strips of cooked steak or pork before serving.
Who doesn’t love pizza? Well, we don’t love the white flour and dodgy additives, that’s for sure. Here’s how to make a pizza that won’t break your paleo diet (note, you can leave the cheese off, or use a high-quality dairy version):
Paleo Apple Muffins
Which recipes would be on YOUR paleo diet recipe round-up? Please share your ideas below!